2012 is proving to be a good year. I ended January with the Liebster Blog Award coming my way and now with Vered Simons from http://eatnowtalklater.wordpress.com nominating me for the the Versatile Blogger Award, I’m quite chuffed.
And the rules for this award are:
A) Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post… But of course!
So here’s a shout out to Vered, not just for the award but for all her comments and ‘Likes’ on my posts since The Cook, The Baker and The Clay Boy Maker came into the big wide world of blogging. Thank You! 🙂
B) Share 7 things about yourself… Do I have to?… Really?… Oh well!
1. I prefer lean meat and detest fat and chicken skin.
2. Since I’ve started this blog… which led to a baking overdrive, I’ve had to buy new jeans… honest! The old one’s just don’t fit any more.
3. I love the opera, and operatic music, but can’t sing. Not even for my supper. Now, isn’t it a good thing I cook?
4. I love plantain chips, salted and sprinkled with chilli powder and lemon… I’m not mentioning those jeans again.
5. I’m a chronic learner, a perennial student if you will. Got myself a Bachelors and Masters in Law, in my 40s, just for kicks.
6. Secretly wish to go out and spray paint Mumbai, the city in which I live, and I mean the entire city, with one gigantinormous can of spray paint… bright green and purple. If only it wouldn’t harm the ozone layer.
7. I love the mountains, but I live near the sea… That’s life I suppose 😉
C) Pass the award on to 15 bloggers…
No mean task this and I hope to make the magical number. But even if I don’t, here are some of the blogs I love to stop by and more than deserve this award. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
And they are…
1. http://susartandfood.wordpress.com/ Susan blogs about food and art and her cat among other thing. A definite place to stop by, browse and smile a while.
2. http://communicatingacrossboundariesblog.com/ Marilyn Gardner who authors this blog, posts on a variety of subjects and her sensitivity while dealing with issues, even those alien to her cultural background, keep me visiting her blog for more.
3. Barbara or Smidge as she’s also known in the world of blogging from http://justasmidgen.com/ whose love for life comes through in her writing. A writer, a poet, an artist, a cook… who also plays the cello.
4. Seth and Jenn Kendall’s delightful food blog Home Skillet http://hskillet.blogspot.in/ for their yummy recipes and the lovely photos accompanying them
5. Ramona from http://curryandcomfort.blogspot.in/ who is an absolute wiz at what she does. Don’t miss the variety of dishes she churns out… and gives you a step by step demo at times as well.
6. Tara from http://sugarspiceandbacon.com/ for her lovely recipes, especially the Cheddar and Rosemary Crackers. Yum!
7. Elle from http://ellesphotographicadventures.wordpress.com/… whose photo blog is a real treat for the senses.
8. http://klutzychef.wordpress.com/ for her matter of fact way of being, and writing and for her delicious recipes and lovely food photos.
9. Carol Anne from http://thisisrocksalt.com/, who rocks out a mean Old Fashioned… cupcake among other things. Fedex some to me puhlease!
10. A naturalist to the core of his being, Alok who lives in the foothills of the HImalayas, works to empower local communities and chronicles butterflies and moths of the region among other things. A modest man Alok chronicles his work/passion at http://forwildlife.wordpress.com/ Drop by his blog or rather his Nature Log (he doesn’t see himself as a blogger :-)) if you’re a nature lover or just anyway. It’s well worth the visit.
11. Jess, a brilliant baker and cook who I met on FoodBuzz and I’ve only just started following on Twitter. Drop by http://cake-o-cake.blogspot.in/ and you’ll be glad you did.
12. April at http://gluten-free-zen.com/ because she is a marvellous cook and baker, whose recipes are gluten free. A must see for all the recipes and my personal favourites, the Breads, especially the French Bread.
… and I fell short of the 15 blog mark but I hope that’s okay.
D) Contact the bloggers I have chosen to let them know that they have been selected!…
Have a great week of Food, Fun, Love and Peace…