2012 is proving to be a good year. I ended January with the Liebster Blog Award coming my way and now with Vered Simons from http://eatnowtalklater.wordpress.com nominating me for the the Versatile Blogger Award, I’m quite chuffed.
And the rules for this award are:
A) Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post… But of course!
So here’s a shout out to Vered, not just for the award but for all her comments and ‘Likes’ on my posts since The Cook, The Baker and The Clay Boy Maker came into the big wide world of blogging. Thank You! 🙂
B) Share 7 things about yourself… Do I have to?… Really?… Oh well!
1. I prefer lean meat and detest fat and chicken skin.
2. Since I’ve started this blog… which led to a baking overdrive, I’ve had to buy new jeans… honest! The old one’s just don’t fit any more.
3. I love the opera, and operatic music, but can’t sing. Not even for my supper. Now, isn’t it a good thing I cook?
4. I love plantain chips, salted and sprinkled with chilli powder and lemon… I’m not mentioning those jeans again.
5. I’m a chronic learner, a perennial student if you will. Got myself a Bachelors and Masters in Law, in my 40s, just for kicks.
6. Secretly wish to go out and spray paint Mumbai, the city in which I live, and I mean the entire city, with one gigantinormous can of spray paint… bright green and purple. If only it wouldn’t harm the ozone layer.
7. I love the mountains, but I live near the sea… That’s life I suppose 😉
C) Pass the award on to 15 bloggers…
No mean task this and I hope to make the magical number. But even if I don’t, here are some of the blogs I love to stop by and more than deserve this award. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
And they are…
1. http://susartandfood.wordpress.com/ Susan blogs about food and art and her cat among other thing. A definite place to stop by, browse and smile a while.
2. http://communicatingacrossboundariesblog.com/ Marilyn Gardner who authors this blog, posts on a variety of subjects and her sensitivity while dealing with issues, even those alien to her cultural background, keep me visiting her blog for more.
3. Barbara or Smidge as she’s also known in the world of blogging from http://justasmidgen.com/ whose love for life comes through in her writing. A writer, a poet, an artist, a cook… who also plays the cello.
4. Seth and Jenn Kendall’s delightful food blog Home Skillet http://hskillet.blogspot.in/ for their yummy recipes and the lovely photos accompanying them
5. Ramona from http://curryandcomfort.blogspot.in/ who is an absolute wiz at what she does. Don’t miss the variety of dishes she churns out… and gives you a step by step demo at times as well.
6. Tara from http://sugarspiceandbacon.com/ for her lovely recipes, especially the Cheddar and Rosemary Crackers. Yum!
7. Elle from http://ellesphotographicadventures.wordpress.com/… whose photo blog is a real treat for the senses.
8. http://klutzychef.wordpress.com/ for her matter of fact way of being, and writing and for her delicious recipes and lovely food photos.
9. Carol Anne from http://thisisrocksalt.com/, who rocks out a mean Old Fashioned… cupcake among other things. Fedex some to me puhlease!
10. A naturalist to the core of his being, Alok who lives in the foothills of the HImalayas, works to empower local communities and chronicles butterflies and moths of the region among other things. A modest man Alok chronicles his work/passion at http://forwildlife.wordpress.com/ Drop by his blog or rather his Nature Log (he doesn’t see himself as a blogger :-)) if you’re a nature lover or just anyway. It’s well worth the visit.
11. Jess, a brilliant baker and cook who I met on FoodBuzz and I’ve only just started following on Twitter. Drop by http://cake-o-cake.blogspot.in/ and you’ll be glad you did.
12. April at http://gluten-free-zen.com/ because she is a marvellous cook and baker, whose recipes are gluten free. A must see for all the recipes and my personal favourites, the Breads, especially the French Bread.
… and I fell short of the 15 blog mark but I hope that’s okay.
D) Contact the bloggers I have chosen to let them know that they have been selected!…
Have a great week of Food, Fun, Love and Peace…
Thank you so much for this award and your kind words – I feel myself to be in quite good company with this list!
Averil, Congratulations on your awards!! Well done. Thank you so much for rewarding me with this award!! I truly appreciate it! I have signed up to receive emails from your blog so we can continue to share recipes. 🙂 Have a great week! ~ Ramona
Thanks Ramona… what a pleasure to come across your blog and share this with you. Have a great week.
First of all, crongrats to you!!! Your blog is awesome and SO much fun to read! Not to mention inspiring with so many delectable goodies:) Second, THANK YOU! What a treat! I definitely feel flattered to be included! 🙂 Happy Monday!
Thank You Tara. Have a great week 🙂
YOU dear Averil… deserve the awards and accolades that you’re getting… just desserts for a well ‘kneaded’ effort… 🙂 I have followed your blog since the beginning and each post leaves me hungrier and vowing to buy an oven someday to try out all these delicacies….
But the honour which you bestow on the small efforts of my blog (actually just a ‘Log’) feels GREAT… just to have someone TRULY appreciate it….
To find 15 more sincere bloggers would be quite a task and the one’s I appreciate are already linked on my page… so I will pass this on to them…
Thanks so much for your lovely words Alok 🙂
Averil, thank you so much for thinking about me. I didn’t realize I was supposed to link back and being abysmally stupid about such things, how would I go about doing that?? Duh, sorry, blonde you know. 🙂 What a nice thing. Congrats on your awards as well, they’re much deserved. Funny, I love the sea but live in the mountains. We should house swap, hah.
I figured it out. There’s hope for me yet. Thanks again for the nod.
Aah great! 🙂
Congratulations on your well-deserved awards Averil! You have such a great blog here…sooooo many delicious recipes to try! Thank you so much for thinking about our blog, it really means so much to us! We feel so flattered to be included in this list 🙂
Thanks Jenn n Seth 🙂
Averil – what a surprise when I read your comment just now! Thank you so much! Your praise is high praise….I so long to reach beyond the isolated borders of the United States – thank you for helping me to do that. And about that guest post that I want you to do for me….?! We’ll talk about that later!
Would love to do that guest post Marilyn. Shall get in touch over email 🙂
Oops! You beat me to it! I was just telling the blogs I nominated. hehe
Now you know that I do read your posts… have been missing them btw…
Just like everyone else, I’m really flattered, thank you so much! Will now spend the rest of the evening checking out the rest of the crew, and writing my own post passing the award on.
Again, thank you, a most unexpected and kind gesture!
Congratulations – it is so deserved and you are on a roll!! And what wonderful bloggers have been recognised 😀
Choc Chip Uru
Thanks so much 🙂
Pingback: Sunshine…Versatile… and a Plateful of Pakoras | The Cook, The Baker and The Clay Boy Maker